We have a budget

This is a re-write of a post I authored back in 2017. Our situation has changed enough since I first wrote about budgeting that I didn’t feel like it was useful anymore as-is. The job, house, wi...

Optimizing GeoJSON

I have been working with some GeoJSON files lately for work and at first I was having issues with the large size of the files. For the web (displaying it on a map), this is not good so I went in searc...

Follow-Up: RAGBRAI XLV (2017) Pack List

Knolling my RAGBRAI packlist Here is a follow-up to my previous post. Based on this year, I made some last minute decisions on what to pack. Here are some factors that changed what ended up on the r...

My RAGBRAI packlist laid out for display

RAGBRAI XLV (2017) Pack List

Knolling my RAGBRAI packlist I have been on RAGBRAI (Des Moines Register’s Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa) several times since 2005. Over the years, I’d like to think I have figured ...

Converting a website from Drupal to Jekyll

These days, I don’t always have the personal time to maintain a bunch of Drupal sites. Heck, it has taken a while for me to even find time to write this post. A Drupal site is rarely a “set it and for...