2019 NYC Pack List
October 30th, 2019
Going into Labor Day weekend, Abby and I traveled to New York City to attend my buddy's wedding as well as celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary.
All in all, with travel to/from, we spent 5 nights, went carry-on only and had a wide range of events dictating dress code. Weather sunny in the high 80s. Urban sightseeing, broadway theatre, casual to fancy dining, a formal wedding and Ultimate Frisbee in Central Park.
- Dress shoes
- Running shoes
- Grey pants
- running short
- sleep short
- underwear (3)
- socks (4)
- tees (3)
- short sleeve checker shirt
- long sleeve checker shirt
- white long sleeve dress shirt
- three piece suit
- water bottle
- shoe horn
- phone charger
- packable backpack
- ziplock (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, sunscreen, comb, allergy med, hangover meds, ear plugs, eye drops)
- grocery bags
Deodorant, belt, hanky, phone, hat, plastic grocery bags (2), bag of mixed nuts.
Wearing on the plane:
Easter color dress shirt, belt, jeans, grey underwear, socks, dress shoes, hat.
- Didn't wear dark grey tee (checker dress shirt was worn multiple days)
- Only rinsed running shorts
- Barefoot shoes were not made for urban exploring. The pack nice, but miles of walking city streets made my feet hurt. Experienced this in Dublin too but forgot. Also I was lucky not to pierce my shoe with a construction nail, glass etc.
- Dress shoes made going through TSA inefficient.
- Bag fit nicely under seats.
- Wore instead of packed suit jacket for trip home.
- Saw men bring suit bags as a personal item.
- Wrinkles weren't too bad overall. Ironed white dress shirt before wedding.
- Vest was hot for wedding and I felt overdressed.
- Bought wireless Bluetooth headphones for trip home.
- Could have survived with just grey pants instead of also jeans.
- Bought additional suncreen. Didn't use either...